Factory air conditioning system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek116

Reaction score
Hello, I bought my current daily driver (1989 K2500 single cab scottsdale) a little over a year ago now, and recently fixed the air conditioning on it and got it blowing cold. It also got me thinking that I’m not sure if this system is factory or not, it has an R12 compressor, which I thought all GMT400s were R134-a (could be wrong on that though), but it also has manual AC controls. I’ve searched through these forums and online in general for a while and not once could I find any information on it, nothing useful anyways. However I have seen a handful of other trucks with the manual controls in passing, but could never find anything out about them. Was it an aftermarket company? Did they only do it for 88/89?

I dont think it’s factory, mostly because it is driven by a V-belt rather than connected to the serpentine belt like the other accessories. But I was just hoping to find some answers on here, TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 16

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was an aftermarket add on to a non ac truck. Your serpentine belt looks like a non ac truck too. A 4 rib pulley. Does it still have the 3 bladed fan too?