Engine problem. Sell truck, rebuild/replace motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks folks. If I'm going to put in another engine, I would definitely go with a new crate (the GM unit, or maybe the Blueprint equivalent). I could probably do an install, but it would be difficult at my age. I was 39 when I bought the truck, I'm 71 now! Just weighing my options. Thanks.
I know up here you just cant get much for a truck that has a bad motor. How about some of you young ones volunteer to go do an engine swap with Good Sport. If you lived near me, I would do it my shop for you.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know up here you just cant get much for a truck that has a bad motor. How about some of you young ones volunteer to go do an engine swap with Good Sport. If you lived near me, I would do it my shop for you.
And I know you don't live near me because there isn't a road that nice within 500 miles.

Good Sport

Reaction score
Thanks guys. While most shops/dealerships around here have said no to working on the truck (too old they say!), there is a local mechanic that has told me he can do an engine remove/replace. The good news, my wife gave me the ok to spend up to $10k if I need to. :driver:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interior Alaska, small town called North Pole just south of Fairbanks.
I know that place where Santa's Workshop is open year round. My wife, I met in Kodiak, and I took a summer off and drove all over the State and then down to Oregon in a "74 Chevy LUV truck. We picked up a puppy near China Hot Springs - named her China, duh!

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just dropping by to comment on the truck. I'm not seeing a truck that should be sold, nor does it look like it has much over 50k miles. It is in immaculate shape. Good job on the upkeep. You took such good care of it all these years, today's "upkeep" happens to be engine replacement. The truck is worth it!