Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can relate to that one mate, all of our bedroom doors had holes kicked in them from hormone raging teenagers. We put off renovating the house until all of the kids had moved out, they would have just wrecked it all anyway.
Ya .. between kids and pets, it's been a battle trying to keep the houses intact. 3 different large dogs, two that were 100lbs +, wood floors don't hold up!
And especially being a lazy ass carpenter who doesn't wanna do that crap at home for free, been fun.
But many memories made.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So here is what I've been up to for the last few hours.
A few before pics, more so I can see how bad of a job I do!!!! Lol
I did a bit more sanding before the mud went down.
I forgot how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the smell of Bondo!!!!
Woman......not so much!!! Hehe.

When the hell did the hardener go from red to blue???? That was odd, took me back a bit.

Anyway, let that harden up overnight, and go grab some different sandpaper tomorrow and really p-i-s-s woman off!!!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck and woman to go grocery shopping and grab supper.
When we were walking back out of the store she said "well this is the first time in almost 20yrs we haven't had to look for a black vehicle.....well for now anyway"
So there it is folks!!! Guess my mind has been made up for me!!! Lol

For the record, we have had 6 black vehicles, and currently own 3. My truck and sons are the only non black, for now anyway. And they are both blue.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya.....but I'm not 100% sold on ALL black.....gotta scheme in my noggin.
Remember to remind me when we meet up next and I'll run it past you.
as a proud owner of a black stepside I feel qualified to say black is the correct choice. But I agree, too much black is a thing at some point. Part of why I like my gunmetal wheels to offset the black.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as a proud owner of a black stepside I feel qualified to say black is the correct choice. But I agree, too much black is a thing at some point. Part of why I like my gunmetal wheels to offset the black.
My good sir.....you are more than qualified to state your opinion!!!! I'm honored you are even commenting on my build!!! Seriously!!!!
Watching yours come me together is definitely awesome to see!!!
But ya....too much is too much.

I have two schemes in mind, one a little more "classic" and the other, definitely 90's!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember, there are many variations on black. Mine is more of a charcoal, with silver and blue metallic, but there are many other ways to go as well.
Oh for sure. I really like the black that my two Dodges have. "Granite crystal" or something like that. They were both more money than the normal black. Has some nice small silver flake in it. Pops nice in the sun.
When they are washed and waxed, tough to beat. Just classy!