Can some sharp eye identify these cables?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevmore007

Reaction score
They look suspiciously like the plugs on the encoder motor (aka the transfer case shifter) and the t-case position sensor, which sends power to the front axle actuator.

The giant clamp suggests it piggy-backs the round multi pin transmission harness. The general harness would contain the VSS breakout plug, and have enough length for the t-case mounted sensor on a 4x4 equipped vehicle, but would need additional power/ground and position sensor plugs for the NV243 case.
I labeled all the connectors that went to the transfer case, there was a vss, shift actuator, and a shift indicator plug

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two sensors on one plug.
I posted a picture earlier of your downstream o2 sensors. This picture is the upstream o2 sensors. The picture of the plug, in your hand,
is not for o2 sensors.
You must be registered for see images attach

Kevmore007

Reaction score
I posted a picture earlier of your downstream o2 sensors. This picture is the upstream o2 sensors. The picture of the plug, in your hand,
is not for o2 sensors.
You must be registered for see images attach
I have two that look like that, and two that have the square plug. The two with the square plug are tied together into a 6 pin plug that is in my hand.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I have two that look like that, and two that have the square plug. The two with the square plug are tied together into a 6 pin plug that is in my hand.
Sounds like you figured out where it goes then? Or are you hunting for the other end it connects to?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if they are your o2 sensor harnesses, and you know where one end goes, it should be simple enough to figure out the other end. It is only long enough to go so many places.