Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Took a closer look at the taillights and the passenger side had a small crack at the top. Sent them back and a new pair arrived yesterday. Decided what the heck and ordered red LED bulbs for the taillights and turn signals. Those actually took care of my hyperflash now that every bulb is LED.

Also threw in the LED headlights today and wow what a difference. Looks so much more modern and clean. I have clear corners on the way from RZ lightz so those should tie it all together nicely.

*pay no attention to the oil spots on the concrete. Hoping it’s the pan gasket, but I haven’t taken a look yet. She’s a work in progress after all lol*

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Put her to work this weekend with the trailer. We decided to sell our house and build another one a short distance away. Staying at a new duplex over the winter so started moving things over there and to a storage unit.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amazing truck and the work you have done! My dad bought his 1988 k2500 when I was 13, and like you we have a lot of memories in that truck. My dads still with us but I am the only one left in the trust since my sister died, so his old 88 will come to me someday. I keep it running and driving for him since he is 76 and has a hard time working on them these days.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Amazing truck and the work you have done! My dad bought his 1988 k2500 when I was 13, and like you we have a lot of memories in that truck. My dads still with us but I am the only one left in the trust since my sister died, so his old 88 will come to me someday. I keep it running and driving for him since he is 76 and has a hard time working on them these days.
My dad also had an ‘88 K1500 he bought in 1990 when I was 5 years old. It was in a lot worse condition than the ‘98 when he passed, but my brother got that truck passed to him. Unfortunately he sold it, but it’s still around last I knew.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Building a new house before lifting the K1500? Get your priorities straight, man. :nono:

Just kidding! Good to see you putting the truck to use. And congratulations on the upcoming house build. What are the specifications of the new house?

Actually, I plan on ordering the lift and having it regeared before the winter so it will be lifted before the house is built lol. My best guess is the house will be done around March.

The house is going to be a 2,400 square foot ranch with a two car attached garage on the side. We're also building a detached 34x40 garage next to the house that will be my area to hang out in. I detail vehicles on the side so it will work perfect for that. Going to go with corrugated white steel on the interior with 10' ceilings. I'll post a couple photos during the build in this thread.

Last edited:

Laredo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, I plan on ordering the lift and having it regeared before the winter so it will be lifted before the house is built lol. My best guess is the house will be done around March.

The house is going to be a 2,400 square foot ranch with a two car attached garage on the side. We're also building a detached 34x40 garage next to the house that will be my area to hang out in. I detail vehicles on the side so it will work perfect for that. Going to go with corrugated white steel on the interior with 10' ceilings. I'll post a couple photos during the build in this thread.
Awesome! I would love to have a detached garage/shop one day. Can't wait to see build photographs of the truck and house.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Have to be out of our current house tomorrow so we’ve been moving nonstop this week. Put the truck to work pulling the trailer back and forth from our old house, to the storage unit, and then to the duplex too lol. The fact that we have cool weather last week and this week it’s in the high 80’s isn’t helping either.

On the bright side though, they started leveling off our lot yesterday. They should start digging the basement this coming week and hopefully have it poured by the end of the week.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Have to be out of our current house tomorrow so we’ve been moving nonstop this week. Put the truck to work pulling the trailer back and forth from our old house, to the storage unit, and then to the duplex too lol. The fact that we have cool weather last week and this week it’s in the high 80’s isn’t helping either.

On the bright side though, they started leveling off our lot yesterday. They should start digging the basement this coming week and hopefully have it poured by the end of the week.

That truck looks so good!