Custom taillight options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
yea it was just one of those thoughts . I was in a bob king bed friday ; it had corvette lights grafted into the back bumper (with u being where you are im sure u see plenty of welding rigs like that)
There's one truck I haven't seen in a while but for a short time it seemed like I saw it all the time. Later model Ram welding rig with a whole rear end of a Challenger molded into the bed, new enough that it's got the glowing-outline-style taillights. Those trucks crack me up because usually it looks like they put a lot of work into something with questionable style, but the Challenger rear end treatment almost looked pretty damn good.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When we worked the rite of way by corpus there were two brothers from laredo area; one had a white ram & other a gray ram. Both 5500 chassis. 19.5 alcoas. Slick as owl chit. And they had the challenger lights. They had there beds built somewhere around Nacagdoches or Longview

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
20 / 25 yrs ago before custom builders really took off, we would work in the laydown yards in the evenings takig a bed off, then framing it out how we liked. I always ran my machine long ways instead of up close to the cab. You could see “a little “ better than having it tight to cab. Anyway. Past life. I miss it sometimes but i like being home nitely now and stability!!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This one ? It was in our reddit pipeliner page awhile back
That's actually a Charger taillight panel, but yes, very similar. I looked on the web for pics and found quite a few examples so apparently it's a popular mod with the welding guys. If you look it up, you get pics of a lot of Charger taillights like that one.

It's also coincidentally a little funny to me that I often see "Charger" and "Challenger" confused, even by people that own them. When I'm checking permit registrations on vehicles and see those two names mixed up, I have to double-take and be sure I'm looking at the correct vehicle.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's actually a Charger taillight panel, but yes, very similar. I looked on the web for pics and found quite a few examples so apparently it's a popular mod with the welding guys. If you look it up, you get pics of a lot of Charger taillights like that one.

It's also coincidentally a little funny to me that I often see "Charger" and "Challenger" confused, even by people that own them. When I'm checking permit registrations on vehicles and see those two names mixed up, I have to double-take and be sure I'm looking at the correct vehicle.

Richard
Yup. Challenger=2 doors.
Charger= 4 doors.
But I agree, other than that, they are quite similar. Especially the noise they make roaring down the highway 30 yards from the house, at 3am....

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bob king is right down the road from me. They build nice beds. I prefer bobbed and rounded with a chopped machine and flush mounted lids. As for tail lights a like cut outs with lights hidden behind, keeps **** from breaking them.

Last edited: