5.7 vortex build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Feral peasant

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just dove into GM Heritage. Looks like C6P which is the 8,600 lbs GVW option is what bought you a 10.5" full float in a 2500. The 10.5" rear axle is listed as a 6,000 lbs axle and part of the C6P GVW option. Almost all of the 8-lug 96-02 Vans also had the 10.5" even as a 2500 model. They even came in the 4.3L powered vans which was a manditory GT5/G80 combination. I am actually on the hunt for one to rob the 4.10 gear set and G80 carrier although I would likely just swap the whole rear end if I can find one. Most of the vans seemed to get a 3.73 open setup with the 350 or 454/8100 atleast. Very few of the larger engine options had 4.10s unless it was a dually and had 4.56s
The gvw is 8900 I don't know if that helps I'll take a look in the glove box tomorrow to see if I can actually get the letters and numbers to know what it is, idk if it being a heavy duty will change it or not for stocks my buddy has the 5.3 4l60 with 3.73 that thing is quick trying to get it kinda like that because what I have now is a little sluggish, granted the engine is a little worn but his is bout 40k under mine so I don't know if that makes a difference we run the same tire size

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gvw is 8900 I don't know if that helps I'll take a look in the glove box tomorrow to see if I can actually get the letters and numbers to know what it is, idk if it being a heavy duty will change it or not for stocks my buddy has the 5.3 4l60 with 3.73 that thing is quick trying to get it kinda like that because what I have now is a little sluggish, granted the engine is a little worn but his is bout 40k under mine so I don't know if that makes a difference we run the same tire size
His truck is probably a good bit lighter as well and makes more power.

Jedc

Reaction score
What software do you have? I have HP Tuners and can also work with a .BIN file in TunerProRT using a definition file exported from Universal Patcher.
New member here looking for assistance. Im having trouble getting a modified 454 to run following a 0411 swap. Im using tuner pro and it will fire up but barely runs. Is this something you could assist with L31Max?