1988 GMC C1500 - Z06 Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Information dump:
I had someone ask about the 6.5 Diesel airbox, 99-06 Silverado intake tube and 88-95 R4 AC compressor fitment.

Also had a question about C5 / C6 Corvette Saginaw Type II power steering pump hoses.

For the PS pump hoses you use the following:
2003 Corvette Pressure Line (WITHOUT cooler), the without cooler is imperative.
2000 Silverado Return line (OBS original lines should work too.)

Onto the 6.5 diesel airbox, the tube clears as-is, after trimming 99-06 Silverado specific tabs and legs off. I even drilled and tapped the Silverado tube for the IAT sensor.
I've swapped a significant amount of OBS trucks, this is my first 100% car engine and accessory swap. Figured I'd share my findings after research and messing with random donor parts to fit.

FYI, R4 Bracket is the Holley cast swap bracket, it works perfectly with their install spacer and the OEM C5/C6 Corvette alternator and power steering bracket.

P.S. This is all mock up stuff and still have to finish grinding the tabs off of the intake and repaint it.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Make sure those silicone couplers don't collapse on WOT. The cheapie 90 that I used on my swap was doing that when it got hot.

Luckily, these are pieces left over from the 90, with the LSA Supercharger, before I switched over to a carbon fiber intake. So, should be good to go, given this LS6 will have a lot less air consumption, than the supercharged engine did.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Use: 99-06 Radiator hose upper end to radiator
Use: 98-02 LS1 Camaro / Firebird upper to the water pump.

Gives you a perfect spot to splice in your steam vent.

99-06 Silverado lower hose works fine.

I'm using a 34" core 454 SS spec radiator, for a smaller 28" core, you may very well be able to use just the 98-02 F-Body upper hose.

Camaro upper hose # 26347X AC Delco
Silverado upper hose # 26390X AC Delco
Silverado lower hose # 24403L AC Delco
Steam port adaptor # AN627-20X125 ICT Billet

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finished up some small wiring today, attached the battery cables, installed the starter and hooked the battery up! 12V system all checks good, no magic smoke escaped!

Should be good to start it for the first time, this weekend!