Coolant temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Bein a 96 things don't seem the same as the 98. Maybe I'll try the 97? But I did find all yellow wires from pcm plugins and did continuity test. Meter never buzzed. Bout to rain again so I'll try somethin else later. I may not have had the probes in or I may have a bad wire. Not first time I'd have a bad yellow wire this year.... ions electric throttle body...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bein a 96 things don't seem the same as the 98. Maybe I'll try the 97? But I did find all yellow wires from pcm plugins and did continuity test. Meter never buzzed. Bout to rain again so I'll try somethin else later. I may not have had the probes in or I may have a bad wire. Not first time I'd have a bad yellow wire this year.... ions electric throttle body...

That Google Drive link that @PlayingWithTBI posted on page one should be a good link to the '96 manuals, I just tested it. I did get an error message that said the files were too big for Google to scan for viruses, but I've downloaded both and can confirm they're clean. Just click "Download anyway" and you should be good to go.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
That Google Drive link that @PlayingWithTBI posted on page one should be a good link to the '96 manuals, I just tested it. I did get an error message that said the files were too big for Google to scan for viruses, but I've downloaded both and can confirm they're clean. Just click "Download anyway" and you should be good to go.
I'll try again. I did when I first asked for a link with old phone and again with this phone. Neither would give an option to download but I will try again. Thanks.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yellow black wires
Helps but I need which plug on pcm. Think if I remember right it's tied in with distributor n is a common issue (moms esky and my friends car). As he said, they didn't give enuff slack in case anything moves n it snaps the solder.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

on the RED PCM connector, there is a PIN #23, that is what youre looking for

If you needed the ground, on the GREY connectorm the pin #4

I'll try again. I did when I first asked for a link with old phone and again with this phone. Neither would give an option to download but I will try again. Thanks.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score

on the RED PCM connector, there is a PIN #23, that is what youre looking for

If you needed the ground, on the GREY connectorm the pin #4

Thank you! Was a ***** on Google. That's the 96 set up?

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Worked. I was able to check n got continuity thru tps and temp sensor since they share a ground. Now to think out my next step.... unless of course pcm may be bad. Is almost 30 yrs old.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worked. I was able to check n got continuity thru tps and temp sensor since they share a ground. Now to think out my next step.... unless of course pcm may be bad. Is almost 30 yrs old.
so what is your issue? scan tool shows a -30 or a 280 ish degree value? whats the intake air temp sensor report when the truck is cold, and what does the ECT report when cold engine?