Cleaning the intake manifold.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use Purple Power and dilute it with water. Soak it for 12 hours, shake it around, brush it, put it back in for another 12 hours. I pressure washed mine after it soaked. You could take it to a self serve car wash. A few bucks and it will be clean.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've some simple green aircraft cleaner, I use in the ultrasonic cleaner. Sounds like a day soaking in that may be smart. I've a bunch of the little brass brushes. Thanks everyone.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use oven cleaner to strip anodizing off aluminum and it'll etch it too so I wouldn't go for that. I use a combination of three products:

1. Simple Green in a spray bottle at a strong enough concentration that it sorta makes you cough and wince at the same time. Sauce it heavy and then attack with electric toothbrush. I do this not because it works the best but because it's cheap and sheds the initial filth layer.

2. Goo Gone in spray bottle form. The acid does what the alkaline simple green doesn't, and it's in oil form so it soaks into the grease. I let this sit for a couple minutes then dive in with the toothbrush again.

3. Berryman brand carb cleaner. You can use another brand but nothing melted my gunk like the Berryman. I use this as a final rinse to blast everything else out.