carb, tbi, or vortec swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJburt

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty new into the world of doing swaps and the mechanics behind it as I'm only 20 yrs old so I can't really decide what is my best option. I currently drive a 98 c1500 4.3v. I'm looking into getting a pulled motor off cl to rebuild my then throw into my truck. I was just wondering everyones opinion, and looking for any tips to help! I was also wonderibg what tranny to put behind it as well. Any suggestions or tips are much appreciated

CJburt

Reaction score
Yea sorry I wasn't very clear on it. I'm on my phone so this is a pain haha. Im Definately goin bigger. 5.3 or 5.7.. my truck will be my daily driver but I want it to be as fun as possible. I will be putting time into the body, suspension, and interior as well. Basically just wanting to make an all around nice truck. Also I was wondering whats everyones prefered website for applicable parts

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
5.3l or bust. More power, efficiency, and reliability than any other engine you can put in there, and if you do it right, the cost is not that much more. I had a complete swap ready to go in for $2000 (and another $1000 in elective extras, cam, stall, bigger trans cooler).

lt1swap has a lot of the swap info (wiring, injectors, whats compatible between years etc)
performancetrucks.net will get you a lot of the used parts
I bought my new stuff from summit racing for the most part.
mounts from dirty dingo
and odds and ends elsewhere that you'll pick up on if you decide to go that route.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
We're gonna need to know your budget to make any kind of suggestions for you.

Since you didn't give a budget, I'm gonna throw out a LS7 and T-56 with a full cage, tubbed bed, and 9 inch rear.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Wagon is right... 5.3's are super easy to come by these days, tons on online info on swaps, lots of power, multipoint FI... Pretty hard to deny if your doing a swap.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you do a 5.3 make a swap sticky on here. because its covered to death on tgo.org. but theres almost nothing on here. but definitely lsx is the way to go and teir prices will start dropping with GM's new lt1 platform