350 vortex or 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glock20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want it as a daily driver with a little pep in it's step
re-gear to 4.56

your motor has plenty of life left. run it til it dies. in the meantime go get a pullout 5.7 from a junkyard or marketplace and have it sitting in your garage for when the time comes and slowly do to it the things that L31Express suggested to you.

I have a 97 k1500 and don't plan on ever using a different motor from the 5.7 I have now. it has 171k on it and I have 4.88s with 35s and a blackbear tune, plenty quick for me but I also don't really care about going fast.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a vortec on the floor that went 416k miles. I pulled the pan cause it rusted through spun bearings pump timing chain intake gaskets and valve seals in it with the motor in the van. The thing was clean inside and had cross batch in the cylinders. At 420ki pulled it apart and crushed the body because it was too old to work the contract. Not afraid of high miles. I wouldn't have done this but it was leaking so much oil and all the other stuff was done out of guilt lol

Feral peasant

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
re-gear to 4.56

your motor has plenty of life left. run it til it dies. in the meantime go get a pullout 5.7 from a junkyard or marketplace and have it sitting in your garage for when the time comes and slowly do to it the things that L31Express suggested to you.

I have a 97 k1500 and don't plan on ever using a different motor from the 5.7 I have now. it has 171k on it and I have 4.88s with 35s and a blackbear tune, plenty quick for me but I also don't really care about going fast.
Yeah I'm thinking to ride it a little but I don't completely trust it with some problems I've had in the past, I got most new parts for the frontend and other stuff for about 2.8k I'm thinking of getting a crate but not completely sure if the guy wasn't lying to me that transmission was rebuilt within the last 4-5 years

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really making me want to do some upgrades. Although it's probably more like 420-ish at the wheels with the accessories hooked up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media