Brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numbah1

Reaction score
Have a 1998 c1500, RCLB, was wondering where you guys get you brake lines from? Do you go into Autozone and get every single line or did you order them?

Ive changed pads, rotors, calipers but have never had to do lines lol working on a 25 year old truck is making me a certified $h!tboxer

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the long runs I buy the longest line I can, and once it is in place determine what the remaining length required is, install a union and install the second (hopefully) final section.

For everything else I estimate the length required and buy the next longer length.

They have some pretty easy to bend line materials these days.

I have tried the coil of tubing approach but have trouble getting a good double flare so have decided just to move on to the pre-made lines.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 1998 c1500, RCLB, was wondering where you guys get you brake lines from? Do you go into Autozone and get every single line or did you order them?

Ive changed pads, rotors, calipers but have never had to do lines lol working on a 25 year old truck is making me a certified $h!tboxer
If you are in a salt area and have the funds, get yourself stainless lines as the coated steel lines will rot. Try Inline Tube. InlineTube

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on your pocketbook and how much time you want to spend on replacing lines, myself , I purchased a coil of 1/4" o.d. and a coil of 3/16" o.d. both came with fittings and a double flaring tool kit is inexpensive and you don't have to piece it together and be concerned with multiple connections leaking. Not sure about your truck but I dropped fuel tank on mine to replace line from front to rear. Spent less than $50 on material, already had tools, just takes time and patience and re'ck your connections a few times hot and cold outside temperature will affect seating of connections. You can get lines from just about any parts store but price is more and you have a choice of brake line kits with galvanized, copper coated or stainless which can be more money. Just depends on what you want to do, your mechanical experience , tools and time. Hope this helps and good luck

Numbah1

Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread out of ENGINES and into Axles + Brakes.
Apologies sir, too much trail sauce this morning after working nightshift

This entire post can be deleted actually if a mod see it. Ponecone thread really