Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
. Plan is to leave next Saturday and I'd rather not tow 1400 miles in August with the windows down.
Well good news for you its only supposed to be in the low 80's going through at least western NE. That is if you are going that way. Safe travels if you have troubles in western ne I should be around and would be willing to help you out if needed.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well good news for you its only supposed to be in the low 80's going through at least western NE. That is if you are going that way. Safe travels if you have troubles in western ne I should be around and would be willing to help you out if needed.

I saw that earlier! Looks like decent weather the whole way. Mid-high 70s at the destination too, and here I was obsessing over having window shakers installed and raging the day prior.

Today I picked up the AC condenser, line, and drier. New condenser is considerably thinner, will this impede performance or are the new ones just more efficient period?

You must be registered for see images attach

A bit of a moot point though. Not only would it not fit in the mounts, the lines are all pointing the wrong way. Lovely. So I ordered a Spectra off of Amazon for half the price. If the pics are right it'll work better. I'd looked them up online a few days back and don't remember them being half the price of the local stores. After that I popped 8 fresh TR6 plugs in the thing. I'll run it next door tomorrow and let the trans builder give it a once over.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update here, I got the AC buttoned up and working quite well. From there I installed the new hitch shank to drop the front of the trailer and got it and the camper all hooked up and ready for the move. Then I went to drive it home and noticed I didn't have 1st gear anymore. When the trans cools down it comes back and consistently drops when the trans is warm. It's back at the rebuilder and he was able to duplicate the malfunction. It is in fact commanding 1st gear, but 1st gear just stops happening at some point. I had to deconfigurate the thing and leave it out for him, then turn around and grab the plow truck and a uhaul trailer to drag the Z06 to MI which I was not planning on doing for round 1. That really screwed me up for getting our stuff across the country. Luckily the quirky plow truck made the journey just fine and so did the 1500 and moving truck. What a relief!

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update here, I got the AC buttoned up and working quite well. From there I installed the new hitch shank to drop the front of the trailer and got it and the camper all hooked up and ready for the move. Then I went to drive it home and noticed I didn't have 1st gear anymore. When the trans cools down it comes back and consistently drops when the trans is warm. It's back at the rebuilder and he was able to duplicate the malfunction. It is in fact commanding 1st gear, but 1st gear just stops happening at some point. I had to deconfigurate the thing and leave it out for him, then turn around and grab the plow truck and a uhaul trailer to drag the Z06 to MI which I was not planning on doing for round 1. That really screwed me up for getting our stuff across the country. Luckily the quirky plow truck made the journey just fine and so did the 1500 and moving truck. What a relief!
PLOW TRUCK FTW! :peace: