1996 CC K3500 dually “working classic”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious as to what some of yall think.

I’m still debating as whether to color match the flatbed to the truck with bedliner top and accents or to just spray it gloss black with the same bedliner accents.

Have to say I’m leaning to the color match it’s just so much more work.
As long as you dont leave it rusty :p

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
With the great rain storm coming through this week had some time to tinker on the truck. Got the skirting and fenders fully welded out and mocked up the headache rack (still need to move it down about a half inch). Still trying to figure how I want to do the rack lights but I like the general design I settled with.

You must be registered for see images attach

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Little progress on the flatbed.
Rack is 80% welded on.

Decided to tackle one of my favorite tasks……wiring…. Yea right. But if you’re gonna do it, do it right.

Built the harness to be fully modular and serviceable with all waterproof connectors and heavy gauge wire. All the lights to the bed and trailer plugs will be powered through a circuit breaker protected 12v powered converter box to save the truck wiring from shorts or overdraws of any kind. Also will be adding a 2 —3 wire converter to run turn signals seperate of the brake lights because the led lights I’m using have amber center sections that I will use for the turn signals in the tail lights (rear fender lights also wired for turn/brake). The lights going in the rack have white lights in the center for reverse/work lights.
Currently waiting on brake controller and 2-3 wire adapter to come in the mail so I can finish it up.