Blue Print TBI motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SethT

Reaction score
Is anyone running the Blue Print TBI 260HP 5.7L motor? If yes, does it play nicely with the factory tune? Any engine light issues? Appears to be an L05 with an LT1 roller cam. All new components, better block….in my opinion. Hardly cheap, but my 94 is not set up for a roller cam.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If yes, does it play nicely with the factory tune? Any engine light issues
Are you talking about this one?

I don't think Blue Print makes a true "TBI" block. The picture looks like a Vortec, which doesn't have the 3 hole water pump cooling bypass. You may have to make some mods to it but, no biggie.

I would think it'll run on a stock tune, you may have to get your fuel pressure closer to 16 +/- PSI. A "tune" will really wake it up though. YMMV

Here's a calculation from Dynamic EFI I use to get close.
You must be registered for see images attach

SethT

Reaction score
They looks pretty Gen V to me. Timing cover bolt pattern fits the bill. What is keying you into a Vortec block? I’ll have to call them and ask details anyway. I’ll report back.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They looks pretty Gen V to me. Timing cover bolt pattern fits the bill. What is keying you into a Vortec block? I’ll have to call them and ask details anyway. I’ll report back.
As I said, the picture doesn't show the 3 hole water pump port on the passenger side on the front. It may just be a file print but, I'd ask them if it'll work with a TBI water pump without any cooling issues.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I put their "383" in my 88 using a TBI water pump but, when it was warming up, the head temp (gauge in the IP) got up to ~220° before the 180° T-Stat opened up on my scanner. Even with the heater hose connected, acting as a bypass, it just wasn't enough. I drilled a couple small holes in the T-Stat and cured that problem. Now the gauge shows ~10° above the ECM sender. :waytogo:

There are other threads about dropping a Vortec in a TBI. @Erik the Awful posted a comprehensive one for example.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I put their "383" in my 88 using a TBI water pump but, when it was warming up, the head temp (gauge in the IP) got up to ~220° before the 180° T-Stat opened up on my scanner. Even with the heater hose connected, acting as a bypass, it just wasn't enough. I drilled a couple small holes in the T-Stat and cured that problem. Now the gauge shows ~10° above the ECM sender. :waytogo:

There are other threads about dropping a Vortec in a TBI. @Erik the Awful posted a comprehensive one for example.
I always drill my thermostats. The coolant temperature does not spike and is overall more stable.