Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It’s so greasy underneath
Rust prevention right there. I happened to notice yesterday that my suburban rear heater lines appear to be leaking while fishing a kid toy out from under it.

Remind me, whats the plan for this rig? Clean up, smooth running, and drive it or something more extreme?

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rust prevention right there. I happened to notice yesterday that my suburban rear heater lines appear to be leaking while fishing a kid toy out from under it.

Remind me, whats the plan for this rig? Clean up, smooth running, and drive it or something more extreme?
Extreme, always extreme!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The main goal is to make it a decent daily driver and motivate you to get to work on the doghouse. The roller cam 5.7 from my '92 will be going in this truck. It will essentially be replacing my '92 for a while. No lifts, body work, or anything super custom....
Extreme, always extreme!
Turbo 8.1 swap!
@termite I am now planning on a SAS conversion and a turbo 8.1 backed by a 5.. no 6 speed Allison.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
The main goal is to make it a decent daily driver and motivate you to get to work on the doghouse. The roller cam 5.7 from my '92 will be going in this truck. It will essentially be replacing my '92 for a while. No lifts, body work, or anything super custom....

@termite I am now planning on a SAS conversion and a turbo 8.1 backed by a 5.. no 6 speed Allison.
Paging @618 Syndicate , we need you here for the influencing.

I've got to get some current irons out of the fire and a new roof on the house first unfortunately. One more car payment next week and that cash is freed up though. After that, new roof is priority.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paging @618 Syndicate , we need you here for the influencing.

I've got to get some current irons out of the fire and a new roof on the house first unfortunately. One more car payment next week and that cash is freed up though. After that, new roof is priority.
He hasn’t been around since May.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine or transmission was out of this at some point. One bell housing bolt was missing, another was just some random bolt. I discovered a ton of bare wiring today on the trans harness and some grounds. Driver's side UCA bushings are cracked and bulging. Driver's LBJ and UBJ look worn out; covered in grease like the boots tore.

The engine is loose and ready to be lifted. I'm going to pull the accessory brackets and drain the engine of all remaining fluids tomorrow. Might try to remove it solo.

I have a friend who has a Hotsy pressure washer who told me I could borrow it to clean the whole truck. I didn't even ask to borrow it, he instead volunteered it to me. Good friends are awesome.