Anybody on here have to replace the starter or your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The starter is an incredible pain in the ass to replace. It's extremely heavy and in a bad spot. Took three of us to do mine, while i was able to do my buddy's F-150 starter by myself with one hand.

Agreed! Even the one on a V6 is a PITA!
But not as bad as a '70 BBC Nova w/headers! Had to flip it end for end, then rotate it 180deg. so that the solenoid was at the bottom. All in between the headers & the block. Got good at that after about 5X!
My '69 Chevelle, SBC w/headers, took all of about 10 minutes to remove!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The starter is an incredible pain in the ass to replace. It's extremely heavy and in a bad spot. Took three of us to do mine, while i was able to do my buddy's F-150 starter by myself with one hand.

Really? I've never had anything close to that much trouble installing one. Hold it up with one hand and start a bolt with the other. The cables can be fun to install sometimes, but the starter itself shouldn't be that hard.

Ego mobili

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are you all complaining about? Try a starter for a Detroit 60 :deal:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I've never found it that bad, I always replace with the newer mini style. But even the big ones aren't bad, changed them on everything from 4.3l to the 427 in my dads car :dunno:

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
the started on my 350 tbi want that bad to change. just dont drop it on your head. i didnt even need to use any of the shims that came with it. plus lifetime warrenty.