Another project truck - '97 K2500 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I think I have all the paperwork and proper information/documentation to finally get the title work straightened out on this girl. Gonna try to go Friday and do so. I guess we'll see what the registration office has to say...

Dravec

Reaction score
Good luck, I struggled for a hot minute to get a title for my K3500. North Carolina is kinda frustrating when it comes to getting titles though, might be easier where you're at?
Welp, I have the forms (plural) filled out, and just have to get an appointment with the local(ish) DMV Regional Service Center (40 something miles away), and plead my case for why they should issue me a form allowing me to go buy a bond for a title, and then file for a bonded title. So I'm probably looking at an additional week or two worth of leg work, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I just want to get that taken care of so I can feel comfortable dropping the money on a new windshield, so I can keep the rain out of the inside of the cab...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welp, I have the forms (plural) filled out, and just have to get an appointment with the local(ish) DMV Regional Service Center (40 something miles away), and plead my case for why they should issue me a form allowing me to go buy a bond for a title, and then file for a bonded title. So I'm probably looking at an additional week or two worth of leg work, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I just want to get that taken care of so I can feel comfortable dropping the money on a new windshield, so I can keep the rain out of the inside of the cab...
Yup I feel your pain on dealing with the title agency. The one for greater Houston area is on the NW side,has virtually no parking for anything bigger than a smart car (we had plenty of fun parking Burb) and even with an appointment you'll be there all day. And of course only M-F,9-5.....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's about the same as my situation. Right down to the windshield leaking!
I can tell you the minute I got the title in my hand I called and got a replacement windshield, I was able to push on it and see light through the top.

Dravec

Reaction score
That's about the same as my situation. Right down to the windshield leaking!
I can tell you the minute I got the title in my hand I called and got a replacement windshield, I was able to push on it and see light through the top.
Mine has two big ham-****** holes through it. Or sledgehammer holes. I dunno which. So it's been getting rain inside for who knows how long. And I've had her a while, and am only just now getting around to being able to take care of alot of this stuff.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Dravec

Reaction score
Welp, got my appointment set up for tomorrow, 1300 in the afternoon. Hopefully everything goes well, and I can get the approval for both vehicles that I'm going over there for....

Fingers crossed, wish me luck.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Good news! DMV approved both of the titles I was trying to get bonded today. So I just gotta come up with about $400 or so between both trucks for the bonds and the transfer fees, and I'll have everything all squared away.
Nice! I also spent some time in DMV today. 20 minutes total and left with two transferred titles, and a permanent tag for my trailer. Fastest time ever for a successful visit.

Dravec

Reaction score
Nice! I also spent some time in DMV today. 20 minutes total and left with two transferred titles, and a permanent tag for my trailer. Fastest time ever for a successful visit.
This was the fastest I've ever been in and out of the DMV. 2-3 minutes after I checked in, I was called to a desk, and in 7 minutes flat the lady did her research on both trucks and approved both of my requests for bonded title, and gave me my forms with the bond amounts I need. Just need to save up a week or three so I can get the bonds and pay for the title transfers.