Another Fun Project- 97 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys, it happened, I bought another truck. The plan was to fix it and flip it, but I fell in love with the damn thing. I think I may have the disease. Anyhow, like the title says, it's a 97 4wd half ton, ECSB with a bunch of cool goodies. Sweet lighted cab visor, brush guard, center console, roof console, manual transfer case, half door, keyless entry, cool trim package, and it has a sub box in the back (which needs to be reworked to fit better). It's a bit rusty (quite, actually), but the main problem is the 4L60 being your average 4L60. It does not have 4th gear, and it only slams into 3rd if you rev it up and let off. So I will be learning how to rebuild that. Beyond having another sweet truck, the plan is to drive this while I do some cool upgrades to the 96.
You must be registered for see images attach
The picture I took right after buying it.
You must be registered for see images attach

As it sits at my grandparents'.

The interior is remarkably clean, the seats are flat brand new. The bed is starting to rust underneath, but it is saveable, so it will be pulled and fixed. I will gets some more pictures of everything when I get out there next.

Last edited: