AC overhaul - Compressor upgrade? Condensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is in fact the high side fitting you are having issues with, I found the Four Seasons part number for the smaller 3/16" fitting which is also the Oreilly Murray number. I failed to notice in the previous link those fittings are 12 weeks out if ordered today. My local hub store, luckily 1 mile away from the shop space I lease has them in stock thus I know they are in the Oreilly distribution chain.

TY you senor you are a good dude to know!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread for me, as I am in the process of designing an AC system for my engine swap and need to replace my condenser anyway due to contamination. Any particular reason to go with the OSC brand specifically?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread for me, as I am in the process of designing an AC system for my engine swap and need to replace my condenser anyway due to contamination. Any particular reason to go with the OSC brand specifically?
No just what I have had good luck with getting an actual parallel flow with the right dimensions. That being said waiting on an update from BowHunterBrown and his parallel flow quest.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is good news because so for I am striking out! 2 of the three Osc condensers arrived today and both are serpentine (as described in text, but not as stock photo image indicated), and both are smaller than advertised...same size as current Denso.

Current Denson on right. Osc 4544 on left. Same size in all dimensions.
What was the other OSC number that arrived as a serpentine flow?

Reaction score
What was the other OSC number that arrived as a serpentine flow?

Both of these were serpentine. Third one (4721? I dont have number handy) has not arrived yet. So far, rock auto returns have been not too painful. Which is good because the four seasons compressor showed up today and it the standard size pulley 84950...I could have sworn I ordered the undersized one.
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
If it is the 4721, that number claims to be serpentine on Rockauto. I found that number looking at 99 K1500 5.7.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is the 4721, that number claims to be serpentine on Rockauto. I found that number looking at 99 K1500 5.7.
I have had 2 x 4721s shipped to me that were parallel flow, just not in the last year. My 99 Tahoe has one sitting on it now, just like the image on RockAuto.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might try working with the new tahoe condenser. For the direct fit units, I gave up ordering online and picked one up at napa. At least was able to verify that it is parallel flow and it did appear to be slightly better unit than UAC parallel flow.

Reaction score
I might try working with the new tahoe condenser. For the direct fit units, I gave up ordering online and picked one up at napa. At least was able to verify that it is parallel flow and it did appear to be slightly better unit than UAC parallel flow.
I am going to try the new Tahoe condensor as well. I ended up ordering after L31MaxExpress posted that up. Ordered the fittings off Amazon. We will see. I am going br9ke on this project, but I can't imagine what a shop would charge to rebuild entire front and rear hvacs on a suburban. And hopefully others can benefit from this effort.

Reaction score

Anyone have a part number for male pigtail harness for this condensor fan connector?

I ordered a condensir fan witch connector, but the one that showed up is not correct... looks like low side pressure switch connector.