Ac Compressor Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gashog2

Reaction score
Hi,
New to this forum and I'm grateful for it and all the knowledgeable participants.

I've been perplexed by the pressure switches on the HT6 compressors. I'm working on a 1997 7.4 K2500 Suburban with both front and rear air conditioning. The compressor leaked at the body and I replaced it with a reman unit. I was also unable to remove the original switch so I thought - no biggie I can get another one. Well devil in in the details. The replacement switch I got (the same reddish color) had the tangs in a different position relative to one another - the original 120 degrees vs 90 degrees. It wouldn't connect with the wiring harness. Looking at the part description it indicates it's a low pressure switch. The only high pressure switch I can locate with the correct tang positions are either light blue or sandy in color. IDK where to find the specifications of these switches and whether they are compatible with the reddish brown one in the OE compressor. HELP!!! anyone? BTW mine is like the one in the OP picture.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only high pressure switch I can locate with the correct tang positions are either light blue or sandy in color.

Yes, it’s a high pressure cut-out switch.

The FSM mentions the switch’s operating pressure, e.g., see this post:

Post in thread 'Ac Compressor Switch'
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/ac-compressor-switch.68339/post-1426697

IDK where to find the specifications of these switches and whether they are compatible with the reddish brown one in the OE compressor. HELP!!! anyone? BTW mine is like the one in the OP picture.

Look up the part on RockAuto, then check the specs given.

I think 4Seasons’ website also lists all manner of switches and their specs:

Here’s an example from RockAuto showing one switch’s specs
(not necessarily applicable to your Suburban):

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

gashog2

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Wasn't able to see the specs on rockauto but pulled the interchange number and came up with this:
You must be registered for see images attach

So long story short the blue one can replace the red OEM one.. And that compressor mounted switches with tang offsets of 90 degrees are low pressure ones while 120 degree offset tangs are high pressure ones -regardless of color. I think.

Thanks again..

Last edited: