7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine - I haven't messed with this table since I started with the original .bin that came with the EBL HTH

You must be registered for see images attach
That seems like a more reasonable amount of knock retard.
I still have the knock sensor turned off but I've turned PE back on. I'm not doing anymore fuel trims for now. It's running pretty good and I need to keep it together for a few more weeks.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thinking, you'll be doing it all over again. Now that you have all that experience, you shouldn't have any issues with your 355 ;)
We'll see. The 355 has a cam, headers, ported and port matched 441's, air gap intake with the 454 TB adapter and I'll be running 80lb injectors. Gonna be vehhhddy intedesting!!!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you running for a max advance now?
I started with my "All In" at 30° and 3200 RPM (using @84Elky's Excel formula) . After a bunch of logs, I raised it a little there. and lowered it some at max KPas. I raised my idle to a little over 25° to help keep my MAP down but, it's still ~70 KPa @ 850 RPM. I think I'm gonna raise that another 1 or 2 degrees and see what happens. With my 350 and the 08-430-8 cam, I had it at 28° and MAP of ~55 KPa @ 750 RPM. These are all with my "Fast Burn" design Aluminum heads.

Here's the most recent Main table. The Extended Table (to 6325 RPM) continues to lower some at higher MAPs.

The 355 has a cam, headers, ported and port matched 441's, air gap intake with the 454 TB adapter and I'll be running 80lb injectors. Gonna be vehhhddy intedesting!!!
Nice! What cam?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started with my "All In" at 30° and 3200 RPM (using @84Elky's Excel formula) . After a bunch of logs, I raised it a little there. and lowered it some at max KPas. I raised my idle to a little over 25° to help keep my MAP down but, it's still ~70 KPa @ 850 RPM. I think I'm gonna raise that another 1 or 2 degrees and see what happens. With my 350 and the 08-430-8 cam, I had it at 28° and MAP of ~55 KPa @ 750 RPM. These are all with my "Fast Burn" design Aluminum heads.

Here's the most recent Main table. The Extended Table (to 6325 RPM) continues to lower some at higher MAPs.

Nice! What cam?
Lunati Voodoo! Can't remember what part# but it's the one that comes in at 1400 and supposedly peaks out at 5800. It pulls beyond that. I'm guessing 6200. The factory tach in the ElCamino only goes to six and I've pushed the needle past that. Missed a shift once going from second to high and pegged the needle. Probably hit 8000 for a split second. It tachs up quick, you don't dump the secondary's with no load on it. Got a little thump to the idle too, enough to sound ****. I scored a set of Comp Cams 1.6 roller tips which will push my intake lift up over .500 Opening and closing events will be the same but I will probably gain a little overlap and ramp rates will be faster.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lunati Voodoo! Can't remember what part# but it's the one that comes in at 1400 and supposedly peaks out at 5800. It pulls beyond that. I'm guessing 6200. The factory tach in the ElCamino only goes to six and I've pushed the needle past that. Missed a shift once going from second to high and pegged the needle. Probably hit 8000 for a split second. It tachs up quick, you don't dump the secondary's with no load on it. Got a little thump to the idle too, enough to sound ****. I scored a set of Comp Cams 1.6 roller tips which will push my intake lift up over .500 Opening and closing events will be the same but I will probably gain a little overlap and ramp rates will be faster.
OK,What is obscene about the word r-a-c-y?