4x4 lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billythekid

Reaction score
I went to replace the bulbs on my floor selector for 4x4 as they have never worked since ive had the vehicle. Theres socket holes on the cover for the bulbs but no bulbs or wiring inside except for a ground. Did some obs trucks not come with lights for the selector. Mine is the very base model, manual everything, no tach stock, etc. its a 93 k1500

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The Cheyanne trim level should have had lights. They are just 194 bulbs. Two separate circuits. One for just illumination and one that lights when the front axle/transfer case is engaged. Mine on Frank do not work yet and I am certain someone will pipe up with diagrams and such shortly.

Welcome to the forum!

Billythekid

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured they should have light but theres just nothing here. No sockets or wiring or bulbs at all.
You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may just be a Cheyenne/SL trim thing. I think the next generation truck had no lights at all on the floor shifter.

Mine (98) has two lights, one does a marginal job of lighting up the display and the top lights up in 4WD.

You aren’t missing much…

2WD…

4H…

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Every single GMT400 truck that came with 4x4 on the floor had lights. There's a possibility yours are hiding up under the carpet after some work by the previous owner, or they ripped them out, but I guarantee you at one time the truck had them lol. The harness for them comes from either around the convenience center or around the CDM for your stereo - either way, pulling the carpet up on the driver side should expose them, or at least something.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every single GMT400 truck that came with 4x4 on the floor had lights. There's a possibility yours are hiding up under the carpet after some work by the previous owner, or they ripped them out, but I guarantee you at one time the truck had them lol. The harness for them comes from either around the convenience center or around the CDM for your stereo - either way, pulling the carpet up on the driver side should expose them, or at least something.
^^^What he said. The pictures looks like they just put the new carpet over the original vinyl floor. Probably hiding