4L60E Aftermarket (amazon) pan fitment issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I think some of the comments were just made strictly to the shock of seeing a $400 transmission pan.. I absolutely see how one might take the comments as a personal attack but it doesn't appear that it was.

I sure as hell wouldn't lay out $400 for a transmission pan. However, the modified factory deep pan with the drain plug looks like just the trick. Sure would make pulling the pan down for the filter job a much less messy proposition.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put an aftermarket pan on my 93 4l60E. I picked one off of amazon cause it was the deep pan, cheap, cast aluminum, finned, and had a drain plug. I'm using the later model deep filter kit with it. Long story short, I just had to go back into the trans, and I noticed the pan wasn't quite sitting down on the new filter. (note, filter is all the way down, flush to the valvebody.) The old one was better, but still ifffy / not quite right. Closer inspection revealed that A.) the first filter had been slightly crushed to fit where the standoff nubs are, and B.) the pan only measured 2-3/4 deep (internally) instead of the required 2-7/8. The difference (1/8) is just about what the pan is being held up by.

Long story short, I think I got a pan that was made without enough clearance on the inside, probably because they measured from the outside and didn't account for pan thickness. (Ran into something similar with the pan bolts.)

Has anybody else run into this?
Any suggestions for a new pan? I can't see any way to fix besides putting a short filter in it (kinda hokey) or stacking up gaskets (definitely sketchy).

Still a little miffed that this got by me the last time. Anywho, pictures.
Were you using an Acdelco TF337 deep pan filter? It doesn’t look like one in pictures.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATP B-165 is what I used. It's the post 97 deep pan filter (2-7/8)

Just for reference, the shallow filter from 96 and earlier is the B-126 (2-1/4)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATP B-165 is what I used. It's the post 97 deep pan filter (2-7/8)

Just for reference, the shallow filter from 96 and earlier is the B-126 (2-1/4)
Thanks, just wondering if there’s any dimensional difference with the Acdelco TF337 filter which doesn’t have the “nubs” in your picture.
You must be registered for see images attach

I ordered the this one.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to say without a direct comparison. I would believe that both would fit with little spare room in a stock pan by design. That way it can't move around. But that's just me thinkin.

Best I can do is let you know how it fits when the Moroso gasket gets here.

If you're curious, try putting the pan on without the gasket and see if it has about a 1/8" gap like mine does.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to say without a direct comparison. I would believe that both would fit with little spare room in a stock pan by design. That way it can't move around. But that's just me thinkin.

Best I can do is let you know how it fits when the Moroso gasket gets here.
And I’ve got an Acdelco coming and will update on that. Good luck!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for @NickTransmissions.
This filter is Acdelco TF337,but it’s GM
part number is GM 25325578:

And then there is this. Both are for 4L60e w/Deep Pan.
GM 24208576

Are they interchangeable?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for @NickTransmissions.
This filter is Acdelco TF337,but it’s GM
part number is GM 25325578:

And then there is this. Both are for 4L60e w/Deep Pan.
GM 24208576

Are they interchangeable?
Use the lower (2nd in your post). I have the upper filter in a drawer but never used it on any builds). Im sure it's fine but I always get the lower filter for any V8 or 4.3V6 98+ build. The later I5 engines (3.7, 4.2L) use a completely diff filter and pan so dont get them confused with the regular V8 filters.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the lower (2nd in your post). I have the upper filter in a drawer but never used it on any builds). Im sure it's fine but I always get the lower filter for any V8 or 4.3V6 98+ build. The later I5 engines (3.7, 4.2L) use a completely diff filter and pan so dont get them confused with the regular V8 filters.
So DO NOT use the Acdelco TF337?
Also, filter is for a 1996 4L60e.

Last edited:

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how we both have the same pan from the same factory, but sold under different names? Alot of manufacturing works out that way. It just doesn't make any sense to have a multitude of different factories produce slight variations of the same thing. So.....

If you google image search the GM 24208576 for a bottom side view. It looks identical to the ATP B-165 I'm using. I bet if we put the two together we could find unique plastic molding marks to show they were produced from the exact same molds, probably on the same molding machine, in the same factory. Just the joys of Global trade.

I still think you'll be fine with the 24208576 (or B-165) because you have the thicker Moroso gasket. At least that's what I'm betting on.