4L60E Aftermarket (amazon) pan fitment issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one:
You must be registered for see images attach
Yea but dont buy it there unless you want to overpay by $10 plus shipping.

Go to your local transmission parts supply shop and grab one and a gasket for $10 or so out the door.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea but dont buy it there unless you want to overpay by $10 plus shipping.

Go to your local transmission parts supply shop and grab one and a gasket for $10 or so out the door.
What are the chances with shallow filter any damage has occurred?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW- I don’t see any transmission suppliers near me, just outside of Boston. @ODaily i can send you a link for the pan I got if your interested, but the one Nick recommended is probably no doubt better.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick,
You need to bear in mind that not all of us were born with a silver spoon up our ass. American made prices are pushing people to buy the cheap chinese crap. I hate it too but that's the world we're currently living in.
WTF? Are you saying i have a silver spoon in my ass? Is this a joke?

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also why are you buying chinese made crap?

Id use a stock deep pan (98+) with the deep pan filter long before id put on any chinese garbage pan. Coming from someone who's built over 3k 700r4s and 4L60Es over the last 14 years, I have never once used a junk china pan on any transmission i have ever built.

I put this one on, but I believe it was 2 5/8”. I did use the original style filter for my 96. I hope that’s not an issue, any thoughts @NickTransmissions?

Been on for about 1 1/2 years, no issues I’ve noticed.

That's a good pan, i have the same one on mine.

As far as I can tell without physically comparing them, both pans are the exact same thing, most likely from the exact same plant, sold under many names. The only difference is polished vs painted, which has little relevance to how it fits. That said, it looks like Caman96 is using Felpro Permadry, which might give just enough extra room vs the fiber/rubber flat gaskets.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF? Are you saying i have a silver spoon in my ass? Is a joke?
I have no idea what your financial status is,I'm just saying that maybe when you recommend something don't go for the most expensive item on the list. I prefer to pay a fair price for a decent product not for a name just to be cool.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell without physically comparing them, both pans are the exact same thing, most likely from the exact same plant, sold under many names. The only difference is polished vs painted, which has little relevance to how it fits. That said, it looks like Caman96 is using Felpro Permadry, which might give just enough extra room vs the fiber/rubber flat gaskets.
You may be right on the pan. The gasket is a Moroso, I highly recommend it too.