4L60E Aftermarket (amazon) pan fitment issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell without physically comparing them, both pans are the exact same thing, most likely from the exact same plant, sold under many names. The only difference is polished vs painted, which has little relevance to how it fits. That said, it looks like Caman96 is using Felpro Permadry, which might give just enough extra room vs the fiber/rubber flat gaskets.
If that is the case, yours may simply be defective, which sucks given you could have sent it back - think amazon gives 90 days.

Try the felpro gasket, see if it works. If not, there used to someone on eBay selling modified factory deep pans with a factory drain plug for $45 or so shipped. You can try searching there to see if they are still avail.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cast "700" on the inside is a dead giveaway. Looks like we've got polished / painted clones.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you use the short filter, though? I'm using the deep filter, for the 97 and later.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't you use the short filter, though? I'm using the deep filter, for the 97 and later.
Yes, the short filter is in there now. But @NickTransmissions seems to think the deep pan filter would be better. Is it possible yours wasn’t pushed up all the way?

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
running a shallow pan filter in a deep pan is not a good idea. the chance of cavitation is high as the pick up isnt at the bottom of pan. not to mention if it falls out

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I pushed it up any further, it'd crack. The filter actually rests right against the valve body. The pan is about 1/8" short of it's supposed depth. I'd bet yours is too. The flat fiber gasket won't work, but the moroso you have might just do the trick with the deep 97+ filter. I'm going to order one and I'll be sure to let you know, in case you want to go that route.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what your financial status is,I'm just saying that maybe when you recommend something don't go for the most expensive item on the list. I prefer to pay a fair price for a decent product not for a name just to be cool.
Seriously???

You have got to be kidding me...

No. 1 - Don't ever tell me have a silver spoon in my ass or insult me in any other way, shape or form ever again - No way I tolerate that from you or anyone else.

No 2 - That's right - you don't know a goddamn thing about me or my finances nor how I arrived at them....HINT: had nothing to do with being born with a silver ******* spoon in my mouth or ass; I've worked for and earned everything I have ever owned.

No 3. - I was a ******* fool for trying to help you with all your questions via DM instead of having you ask in open forum like the rest of us...no good deeds go unpunished, I suppose.

And you're statement above is laughable and ridiculous if you think those pans' only function is just to 'look; or 'be' cool as if that's the only reason people buy them. I recommend products that I have used personally countless times and have direct experience with, knowing they WORK! PERIOD!

People can either take or leave my recommendations, buy what they want but when forum members are asking for product recs and not giving me any numbers/budgetary constraints or limits (which was NOT expressed in this case by the OP until AFTER a rec was made).. I suggest stuff I have used multiple or countless times, irrespective of cost, otherwise...The requester can decide for himself if it's worth it or not for his particular situation and/or application.

JFC...

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I pushed it up any further, it'd crack. The filter actually rests right against the valve body. The pan is about 1/8" short of it's supposed depth. I'd bet yours is too. The flat fiber gasket won't work, but the moroso you have might just do the trick with the deep 97+ filter. I'm going to order one and I'll be sure to let you know, in case you want to go that route.
Here are the pans I was referring to on eBay: