3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. That would make a lot more sense. I already did back to front. Does it make a difference? Just makes for easier adjustments?

The FSM says the upper arm hardware should go from the inside out - front bolt is back to front & rear bolt is front to back.
I doubt it makes a difference, my brain says if a nut falls off while going down the road, bolt won’t slide out the back but vibrations and resonance will make loose stuff do whatever it wants anyway.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it makes a difference, my brain says if a nut falls off while going down the road, bolt won’t slide out the back but vibrations and resonance will make loose stuff do whatever it wants anyway.
I originally put them in the way I did (like you mentioned) because I thought the threads would be less likely to get covered in road grime, water, etc. that was kicked up while driving.

I see what you are saying though and appreciate your reasoning. :cheers:

Sometimes I feel like I over-think/complicate things. Just want to make sure I get it done right. Thankful to have all the folks in this thread to help me out.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored an OEM 88-93 grille/filler panel tonight along with the seats. Seats are for the ‘94. The grille is near mint - a couple of small spots are bubbling.
You must be registered for see images attach