3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last 10% always takes 90% of the time it seems. Are you going to bother swapping out the rubber bushings. I’d keep them, I prefer them myself.
The upper bushings come out real easy, I will swap them. Plus I’m not sure if you’re supposed to mix poly/rubber. I know for powertrain mounts you’re not supposed to.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cleaned up really nice :cool:

Note:don’t forget that ground
Oh I won’t. Took photos of everything before taking any fasteners off. Will clean up that part with emery cloth and tape it off prior to paint. Good eye.

Not sure where else to share this, but my dad gave me the old sign that use to hang in the service area at Vaessen Brothers Chevrolet. Too bad it doesn’t say VBC on it. Lights up, just real dirty. I think I’ll clean it and upgrade the wiring. It’s real soft and brittle. It’s missing the special pen to write on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New phone frame, who this?

I really like this Rustoleum stuff, shout out to @Caman96 for the recommendation. Granted, I have never used POR15 or other frame coating solutions. It goes on really smooth and levels out, almost like a lacquer paint.

The center link still has some oily residue on it. I hit it again with some degreaser and will paint it tomorrow. Can’t decide if I’m going to paint the gear box or not. Wouldn’t hurt.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did these sections get the Klean Strip Metal Prep?
They did not. They weren’t as bad as the back half. Plus, I didn’t have a great way to hose them down.

With the rear I could drive to the spigot and hose it off. I tried using a spray bottle and a pump sprayer to clean off other sections after doing the KS prep and it just didn’t get it good.

So I’m trying it without on the front.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did not. They weren’t as bad as the back half. Plus, I didn’t have a great way to hose them down.

With the rear I could drive to the spigot and hose it off. I tried using a spray bottle and a pump sprayer to clean off other sections after doing the KS prep and it just didn’t get it good.

So I’m trying it without on the front.
Still looks great. Gotta be better than it was!

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mevotech upper control arms arrived. “OE style” my ass. The new ball joint still has TTX embossed on it. So I’ll grind that off.

Similar to what @Spareparts suggested, the Mevotech arms have a more pronounced curve to them and allow their ball joint to seat perfectly.

Comparing the two:

Here’s the fitment:

Good. I think the nut should clear better on this one.

Last edited: