3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about the HB trucks. It seems there’s more variables the more you look into it.

I checked the front end for play and the new AC Delco arm has play in it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m re-checking everything else now.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the information @Caman96 and others have shared, I’d say that if the new box is a small bore, and the pump is for a big bore, it’s probably a little over assisted. Paired with the brand new, loose, daggum idler, it just exaggerates it.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the information @Caman96 and others have shared, I’d say that if the new box is a small bore, and the pump is for a big bore, it’s probably a little over assisted. Paired with the brand new, loose, daggum idler, it just exaggerates it.
And the box itself may be under assisted for an 8600 GVWR, compounding the problem.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about the HB trucks. It seems there’s more variables the more you look into it.

I checked the front end for play and the new AC Delco arm has play in it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m re-checking everything else now.
Why are the Cognito braces not recommended for lowered trucks?

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to order a new pitman arm and center link. I suspect it could be both but it’s so hard to say. The center link is like $20.

I may end up taking the Borgeson off and selling it real cheap. It’s probably not meant for my heavy front end. Over the winter I’ll just have Turn One rebuild my original. Which I guess I should’ve just done in the first place. Too much time and money sunk into this box. Lesson learned for the forum, might not be the best option for an 8 lugger.

The other option is to swap in a half ton pump and see how it does. I will have the one off my ‘92 here in a month or so. I could always throw that on and see how it handles.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I’m going to email Borgeson (after doing some research) and see if they will let me exchange the quick ratio for a regular ratio box with the correct bore for my truck. If they say no, fine, I’ll send my box to Turn One next week and just get it sorted.

Otherwise the truck rides and stops really good. The engine has been performing as expected, too. I got a quote for the roof work and it was $1,000 cash price.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I’m going to email Borgeson (after doing some research) and see if they will let me exchange the quick ratio for a regular ratio box with the correct bore for my truck. If they say no, fine, I’ll send my box to Turn One next week and just get it sorted.

Otherwise the truck rides and stops really good. The engine has been performing as expected, too. I got a quote for the roof work and it was $1,000 cash price.
Their description of part is disingenuous by claiming it’s for a C2500 and not clarifying it’s for the smaller 70mm bore. IMO

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their description of part is disingenuous by claiming it’s for a C2500 and not clarifying it’s for the smaller 70mm bore. IMO
I plan on playing the “I’m stupid” card a little bit.

@Caman96 really appreciate the time you spent looking into this today. You did not have to do that.