1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it I need a trailer. I’m holding out for a wrecked C1500 long bed so I can make a truck trailer to camp with.

Score on the floor jack! I have that one in blue and really like it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We picked up another addition to the shenanigans today.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then loaded up the box with stuff to use for now, since the budget on this project went way overboard :doh2:

Of course no trip to the freight of harbors is complete without a stop by the clearance/open item area. Been looking at these since having 2 jacks is nice sometimes and my other one is probably 10 y/o now. At $130 off, why not, can't see anything wrong with it. I'll put it to use tomorrow to make sure though.

A riced out trailer?

Looks good, how long is that unit?

Dang it I need a trailer. I’m holding out for a wrecked C1500 long bed so I can make a truck trailer to camp with.

Score on the floor jack! I have that one in blue and really like it.

You can buy them with money. ;) They're pretty awesome when new.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A riced out trailer?

Looks good, how long is that unit?

You can buy them with money. ;) They're pretty awesome when new.
It's a 22'. I stumbled on these an haven't seen them before this week. Pretty big outfit out of Missouri. Seems well built, dual brake 5200 axles, e range radials, powdercoat, rear stored ramps, all led. I wanted a steel deck but I think this was a better deal for what I got. It's definitely overkill for anything I might do with it, which hopefully means it's not going to give me problems like my last one with cheap tires an 3500 axles.

An prices on them are crazy this trailer is the 3rd most expensive vehicle I own (not counting the C10s). Heck if you take the wheels off the dually then it might take second place, or at least tie with it lol. I was looking at used but on a value for dollar spent new just made more sense. What some people want for a bent, needs tires, missing a fender trailer is nuts...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 22'. I stumbled on these an haven't seen them before this week. Pretty big outfit out of Missouri. Seems well built, dual brake 5200 axles, e range radials, powdercoat, rear stored ramps, all led. I wanted a steel deck but I think this was a better deal for what I got. It's definitely overkill for anything I might do with it, which hopefully means it's not going to give me problems like my last one with cheap tires an 3500 axles.

An prices on them are crazy this trailer is the 3rd most expensive vehicle I own (not counting the C10s). Heck if you take the wheels off the dually then it might take second place, or at least tie with it lol. I was looking at used but on a value for dollar spent new just made more sense. What some people want for a bent, needs tires, missing a fender trailer is nuts...

I also nabbed a 22' open deck earlier this year.

Now that I've used it it's all scratched up. Boo! Was looking for a 20' thinking 24' was a bit much, then this 22' came along and I jumped once they cut the price a couple times.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I was thinking it would be next weekend, but I got the call to bring my C10 for rust repairs today. So we loaded up an headed out. Put about 100 psi in the bags (had 65 in them with just the trailer) an it all went fine. Need a few things to help tie down better but overall the combo worked well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing some more work with my useless truck.

Man I will say, I love this truck an I'm really happy with it. I am sure the combo with the Tahoe was pushing 9k but it really put a hurting on it. Just driving around it's fine but with a load like that I'm not sure my regearing ideas are good anymore. Maybe after the 411 and tune that will help but I really can't imagine trying to haul around the 19k it's rated for. We have several decent hills around here an they all required a downshift to 4th an I still lost speed from 65+ to 50. Unloaded those hills are nothing though, cruise stays set on 70something an we roll right up them in 5th.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you were on wet grass it would have been useless. That truck isn't rated to pull 19k, should be rated at 10-11k. I think with a 5er/goose you can do 11 and it's 10 bumper pull. But of course they can swing north of that, just not to 19. But if you have a 350, well, just do the best you can. They respond very well to exhaust and a tune.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were on wet grass it would have been useless. That truck isn't rated to pull 19k, should be rated at 10-11k. I think with a 5er/goose you can do 11 and it's 10 bumper pull. But of course they can swing north of that, just not to 19. But if you have a 350, well, just do the best you can. They respond very well to exhaust and a tune.
:doh2: you are right, I was thinking the gcvw, which is 19k for a 2wd 454 manual with 4.56s, mine is 17k since I have 4.10s. So I guess I shouldn't be so surprised with how it acted since I was dang near maxed out.

Now I wish I would have stopped an weighed that combo to know for sure what I was pushing.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
:doh2: you are right, I was thinking the gcvw, which is 19k for a 2wd 454 manual with 4.56s, mine is 17k since I have 4.10s. So I guess I shouldn't be so surprised with how it acted since I was dang near maxed out.

Now I wish I would have stopped an weighed that combo to know for sure what I was pushing.

Ahh GCW, now that's a more realistic figure. I thought you were slinging tow ratings. You have the brakes and suspension, just need more grunt to move it all along. 9000# of open deck isn't all that bad to move around with the right setup. The wife drove my 1500 pulling the Monte loaded to the gills from CO to MI. That was 14k and change all in and was a very low stress drive for her.