1997 Tahoe LT 4X4 Vortec 350 Needs Radiator. Advice?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HI all,
Just found the radiator in my Tahoe is leaking from where the plastic side tank attaches to the core, drivers side.
This is a radiator I put in years ago (new) to replace the stock one. It is a 3 core vs. the stock is a 1 core.
What would you guys put back in? Go with stock or something else?

I am in Oklahoma (hot in the summer) and sometime tow an equipment trailer.

Thanks for any advice.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HI all,
Just found the radiator in my Tahoe is leaking from where the plastic side tank attaches to the core, drivers side.
This is a radiator I put in years ago (new) to replace the stock one. It is a 3 core vs. the stock is a 1 core.

Thanks for any advice.
What brand did you use? 3 years is kinda lame.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Go with the 3 core and a good brand

3 years doesn't sound right !
And what kind of coolant were you using?

DO NOT go with a 3 core! This is TERRIBLE advice. A proper 2 core will cool much better. Get one for a police Tahoe, same height/width but a double thick core. Those 3 core junkers use 3 small cores. Aluminum doesn't conduct heat as well as brass or copper, where it shines is its strength that allows its cores to be 1" or so each.

ejfraser72

Reaction score
The one in it is a 3 core from O'Reilly's. It has been in there a long time. Not sure of the brand.
Using Dexcool.I am not a fan of dexcool
If it's been in there a long time for whatever how long that is.it is up to u to say if it was a good or bad to buy again

I use the prestone all vehicle its green and 10 yrs but I change every 3yrs

I'm not saying that is your problem
And to all not going to open a can of worms
It is just what I use
Good luck

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The one in it is a 3 core from O'Reilly's. It has been in there a long time. Not sure of the brand.
Using Dexcool.

O Reilly's? 3 core? That doesn't jive. They should only offer a 1 core or 2 core. Proper 1 and 2 cores, which equate to an old school 2 and 4 core.

ctbhess

Reaction score
HI all,

Thanks for any advice.
I just picked up a Cold Case from summit that fit perfect. No plastic sides. Sets in the rubber grommets like the oem did.