1997 K3500 4X4 Dually Front Brakes Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find better deals online, usually.

Most calipers are rebuilt. New aftermarket calipers are a relatively new thing. I think I'd rather have a rebuilt original part.

If you've got a sticky caliper you may be able to easily fix it yourself. There isn't much to them.
Thanks.

So far I see $106 each at O'Reilly's. 2 year warranty.
I am seeing a few deals on line but they seem to not specify that the rotors are for a dually.
O'Reilly's does specify one front rotor for single rear wheel and another for dual rear wheel. I assume there is a difference.

This could be an ok deal.

More I look at this one I see there are now several options for this kit that seem to be based on rotor size/thickness.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not look on RockAuto? It’s a great place to start a search and see what’s mostly available…likely won’t beat their prices either.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thanks.

So far I see $106 each at O'Reilly's. 2 year warranty.
I am seeing a few deals on line but they seem to not specify that the rotors are for a dually.
O'Reilly's does specify one front rotor for single rear wheel and another for dual rear wheel. I assume there is a difference.

Yes, there is a difference. The DRW rotors are thicker. Look on Rockauto, and pay attention to the fitment notes. R05 is the RPO code for DRW.

I haven't checked in awhile, but you might look at Advance Auto's website. I was getting some good deals from them with coupon codes that they would send me. They'll ship stuff to you or you can pick it up, depending on what it is.

You might also take a look at Amazon, but I haven't gotten much for my truck through them in the last few years. They don't seem to be carrying normal brands for 8-lug trucks anymore, as our trucks are getting fewer in numbers and orders likely went down. Stay away from the made up brand name generic import parts.

That's a pile of garbage bling. Stay away from the boy racer slotted/drilled and kits. Kits are usually for their profits.