1994 TBI 350 Stretched Timing Chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megafan0258

Reaction score
Please see the following google drive share links containing .xdl files:

Cold Start
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Drive After Closed Loop

WOT While Parked

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Please see the following google drive share links containing .xdl files:

Cold Start

Drive After Closed Loop

WOT While Parked
What ecm/service number is in your truck?

n2xlr8n

Reaction score
As for the transmission, yes it's a 4L60E.
It isn't slipping and I'm certain it's an engine related issue. I don't believe my trans would cause back firing through the TBI out of gear.
Gotcha.
You've done good work and received good advice from folks much smarter than I- I'm just trying to think outside the box.
I've seen electronically controlled trannies do really weird things...and not slip.

megafan0258

Reaction score
Gotcha.
You've done good work and received good advice from folks much smarter than I- I'm just trying to think outside the box.
I've seen electronically controlled trannies do really weird things...and not slip.
I greatly appreciate it, I've been battling this for over 2 years so anything helps at this point.

megafan0258

Reaction score
I'm going to take my inital timing back to 0 and redo my data logs. Something is not right with my timing advance and I don't think having it advanced 7 degrees is helping with diagnostics. I only did that so I can drive it to work and not die at stop lights.

I appreciate any help offered.

Thanks!

megafan0258

Reaction score
Does the battery need disconnected (to reset computer) after messing with the initial timing to reset timing curve? Or is that not a thing?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the battery need disconnected (to reset computer) after messing with the initial timing to reset timing curve? Or is that not a thing?
No but, you need to disconnect the battery to reset the EST fault you get from disconnecting the BLK/TAN wire.