1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Just remembered I had new center caps for my rims. I was waiting until the front end was complete before putting them on. I kept the previous ones like this to throw on before I take it for the next tire rotation or any other service on the front end. It’s the little things that matter to us all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
You may have seen my thread about purchasing a nearly new OEM third brake light and the cost. Well, I got it and it’s now installed. I chose to use my original lights and gasket even though the seller had sold me the entire unit. I guess I have back up if I ever need it. Here’s a before, during, and after.

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I recently asked about grafting in a grill support tab. I took that on and here’s the results.

I cut the donor tab to fit, fixed it in my vice, and sanded the bonding surface smooth.

After cutting the grill tab, I sanded its surface and used JB Weld KwikWeld two part epoxy to bond the two surfaces together. I held it in place until it was dry enough to hold on its own. I did fill the screw hole too in anticipation of redrilling a new one. After fully drying, I liberally applied epoxy onto the backside.

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Part 2

I sanded the two bonded surfaces smooth to align with each other. Then painted with Duplicolor Victory Red. Lastly, I put the grill back on and redrilled a new attachment hole.

It didn’t turn out perfect, but it looks better than the broken tab and washer. I may wait for the paint to dry really well and then try to sand out some of the imperfections, followed by buffing it out.

Next up is a full front end rehab with new bumper impact strip, new license plate bracket, new valance, new turn signal lenses, and repainted tow hooks.

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I love this truck
Thanks! It’s fun to mess around with. My wife just used her well-seasoned joke today when the neighbor said you sure do love that truck don’t you? Wife’s response, in the order of things it’s God, red truck, and then me. That’s certainly not true, but she thinks it’s funny.