Deciphering Live Data.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Squeeze the terminal with a needle-nose plier JUST A LITTLE BIT, to tighten the terminal so it snaps onto the plug better.

But, no, that's not the misfire.
Thats what I figured, I already did it with one of the wires.

What do you think it could be then? All ignition parts are new.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually the scanner is a big help in diagnoses. Can you do a screen recording of it idling, maybe giving throttle, shifting through gears and stuff? Something may stand out?
Ill try, Ive watched at idle and it all seems pretty usual, the tach does bounce a bit when it misfires though.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill try, Ive watched at idle and it all seems pretty usual, the tach does bounce a bit when it misfires though.
I've mentioned before as well that you can leave your phone's mic on or off. I like to leave it on when I want to take verbal notes to coincide with what I'm doing in the truck if that makes sense.
Usually useful when driving around. Like " I'm at a light, I'm taking off, just felt a miss....then I can look back at video and get in the ballpark of where in the timeline I should focus on more or less....

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I havent had time to screen record as I have been working, but today the truck drove terrible, awful idle bouncing up and down like it wanted to die, absolutely zero power at all, constant misfire at idle. Im gonna check to see if I can tighten my spark plug wites a bit maybe that will help with idle mis.