1993 5.7 VORTEC C1500 PCV FRESH AIR TUBE FABRICATING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dumbshit493

Reaction score
its my first time posting on here but i need help geting ideas on what i should use to fabricating a fresh air pcv tube that goes from the right to the throtle body. I would very much appreciate thx :)

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Find a Treasure Yard, see if you can find an original part.

2. Find another Treasure Yard, look again.

3. Someone more talented than me, could maybe fabricate a curved tube by buying a straight piece, and heating/shaping it.

4. If this were me, and there were no Treasure Yard pieces to be found...I'd bend one from copper tubing. Copper is easy to work with, (compared to steel tubing) and would be very durable in this application.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All GM ever used on the older fullsize vans. A double ended hose barb and a piece of rubber hose. I use fuel vapor vent hose because the oil vapors do not eat it up as quickly with the barrier liner in it. This one is an generic 1/2" hose barb to match the 1/2 barb on the TBI air cleaner spacer ring. Factory GM hose lasted ~20 years on my 1983 G20 until it was just as solid as a rock and could no long be removed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I already predict Shurkey as well intentioned as he is will have doubts and have something to say about rubber hose not being able to make the bend. Here it is straight from the OEM GM parts diagram. All of them from about 71 though the end of the Q-Jet were setup this way. 42 in the diagram was the rubber PCV grommet in the valve cover. Worked perfectly well on 100s of thousands of GM vans, may have even been millions, I have never looked into how many GM built from 1971 through 1987 with a carbureted V8 but best guess, a F-ton of them. Worked well on my 1983 and works perfectly well on the 1987 in the image above. My 1997 vortec van has guess what a hose barb and rubber hose to the PCV vent. Quick, cheap and easy solution. You can literally get that double ended barb as a hose splice for a 1/2" heater hose at any auto parts house or as a garden hose repair piece at any hardware store too. I had Amazon ship two of those stainless ones to my door for like $6. Cheaper than driving to town and back to buy a slightly cheaper local one. The carbureted vents were 3/4" hose but the TBI era is 1/2". Vortec went back to either 5/8" or 3/4" forget which.

Last edited: