1992 GMC k1500 Roadworthy refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome progress! Yes 320,000 km on the engine. Yes the 16x8 wheels look pretty fitting I think but each to thier own. A 17x8 would offer more tire options.

Attachments

• IMG_7081.jpeg
    IMG_7081.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 4

airdrieAMX

Reaction score
This shop photo gives off a good vibe. First off, when I see the advert for the Aviation Form-A-Gasket I can still smell
the 'I mean business' scent of that sealant. :0) Also, there's a grass-skirted Hula Girl shop mascot - always a good sign
of a chill working space. (Hula Girl perpetual road trip safety dance)

But the real reason I'm replying to your thread is your comment about your dad-n-daughter project. Be sure to show
her this PHOTO and tell her that being able to ride around in something that *you put together with your own hands*
is a thrill every time the starter cranks and the engine thunders into life. She is heading into a world where everyone
can do the virtual stuff, but few can/will make a difference in the real world. Her mind will be challenged in 3 dimensions
instead of just 2, and she will be earning serious street cred with both fellow students and us old timers. Nice.

That's a beautiful truck, with a sharp engine bay in it's future. Looking forward to seeing your updates & watching
the progress from south of your border. :0)

Best of luck --
Thanks for that! She enjoys the hands on stuff and is no stranger to it. Our last build was a squarebody 4x4 which snowballed into a bare frame & complete nut and bolt restoration. It was an 18 month build but a lot of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2340.jpeg
    IMG_2340.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 6

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Sean! Yes I agree on the 17x8 I still like the rims on your truck, we’re those 17’s?
Mine are 16x8, I like the look. I actually just got the matching 15x10 rear wheels for 28x12.5-15 slicks for racing so I’m now committed to these wheels. I was having traction issues already with the current tires and that’s without a fresh engine and turbo. Will Rock the slicks on the street when wanting to rip it up.

airdrieAMX

Reaction score
Mine are 16x8, I like the look. I actually just got the matching 15x10 rear wheels for 28x12.5-15 slicks for racing so I’m now committed to these wheels. I was having traction issues already with the current tires and that’s without a fresh engine and turbo. Will Rock the slicks on the street when wanting to rip it up.
That’ll be a good look, look forward to seeing it!

airdrieAMX

Reaction score
Made some progress this weekend, the drivetrain is out of the truck, I took it to work first and pressure washed the hell out of it mostly under the truck it was a mess.
The trans oil looked good and very little like hardly any clutch material in the bottom of the pan. The plan is to replace the seals, filter and pan gasket and run it.
The transfer case works well shifts in and out of 2&4 wheel drive ok but the tail shaft bushing needs replacing as well as input and output seals.
The 350 is at the machine shop I should have that back in a couple of weeks and then it’s assembly time. In the meantime I’m going to clean up the engine compartment and frame and paint it.

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5122.jpeg
    IMG_5122.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5119.jpeg
    IMG_5119.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 5