10 bolt to 14 bolt swap parts list.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wondelfarms

Reaction score
Getting ready to swap my 95 4wd 10 bolt to a 14 bolt from a 97 1500 LD. What all extra parts am I going to need? I've read about the conversion U-joint but really that's all I've found on here. Any help and information is greatly appreciated.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your donor vehicle is ALSO a 4WD...right?

Conversion U-joint generally a Precision 447 or equivalent.
Four U-bolts + nuts, big enough to fit the larger axle.
The larger U-bolt mounting plates for the "new" axle--take 'em from the donor vehicle.
Rear cover gasket 'cause you're gonna pull the cover to inspect the gears 'n' bearings in the replacement axle
Gear lube suitable for the replacement axle
Maybe axle seals and/or pinion seal--are they leaking?
Whatever rear brake parts are needed for safe and effective rear braking. (Shoes? Hardware/springs/adjusters? Wheel cylinders? Drums?)
Brake fluid for flushing the brake hydraulic system.

Re-use everything else that's in good condition. The existing park brake cables will connect to the (hopefully) larger rear brakes--assuming the existing cables haven't seized from non-use. Excellent time to replace the rear shocks, rear brake hose/brake tubing, and to verify the leaf springs/spring bushings.

Driveshaft shoves into the transmission or transfer case an extra half-inch or so--so clean 'n' polish the driveshaft slip-yoke.

Last edited: