Radiators.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I run about 75% coolant, 25% water without problems. I have had small leaks before, I usually just add Iron Tite, It stops the leaks pretty good.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does everyone here just run the green autozone stuff? I've always used dexcool... stuff is expensive though!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
My 99 has a Dexcool substitute in it and the low coolant light gets mad and flashes on occasion. Never ran it in any of my 88-98 trucks. I run 25/75 antifreeze/water but I'm down here in the south, never gets that cold. If it is a cold winter I'll run 50/50. Just the green Autozone/Walmrt/el cheapo stuff.

On another note, I would not recommend using ANY leak stopper in the cooling system. You might only have a radiator leak but that stuff cycles the entire block, water pump, heater core, heads, etc. It gums up the thermostat and clogs the small water jackets in the heads. Generally speaking all leak stop products are bad ideas. Oil, trans, coolant, power steering, everything. The one product I have had excellent results out of is Lucas oil stabilizer. The motor doesn't rattle as much on cold/dry starts and on vehicles in the past it has proved to slow down leaks. My 300k mile 94 has never had a leak so I can't say for sure how the Lucas has affected that.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I don't like any stop leak at all, you can't get all of that crap out the cooling system!

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, just got the new one in!
And I fully agree on any "stop leak" products. Stopping a leak equals stopping flow, not the greatest idea in any system that utilizes FLUID lol its as pointless as those electric superchargers...

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Don't write off those electric superchargers ;) I've got a neat little project you might like. One thing to remember is that a standard alternator can't produce the power to run an electric motor large enough to increase air intake. But a small 120v generator head can. Check out the full load CFM of a DriEaz Sahara air mover compared to the full CFM output of a Novi 2000 blower. Then look at the power it takes to run a 2k Watt generator(usually 2-3hp at 2000rpms).

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I never run dexcool I've never heard anything good about it . I've had to put a rad in my tahoe already( barely had it a year ) and I had to put 2 in my old 88 in the span of a couple years.