Bucking at around 45 mph??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Mine does it too! Just under partial load, like cruising on an incline. If I shift down to 3rd it doesn't do it so bad. It feels like the transmission is trying to down shift.

I know it is not the engine. I have a DashDyno SPD scanner and I logged everything on the engine. It all looks perfect, so I doubt that it is the problem.

I am curious though if you have a K&N filter. The MAF controls the line pressure in the transmission, and K&N is famous for destroying the sensor it the filter is overly oiled. I think mine is ruined from this, but not sure. I did have my filter oiled too much one time and now my sensor is showing a reading with the engine not running. Any experts on this? When I go back to the store later I will get the reading and post it if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just have the stock air box with the stock paper filter.

Three people now with the same issue, we gotta figure this out.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I am curious though if you have a K&N filter. The MAF controls the line pressure in the transmission, and K&N is famous for destroying the sensor it the filter is overly oiled. I think mine is ruined from this, but not sure. I did have my filter oiled too much one time and now my sensor is showing a reading with the engine not running. Any experts on this? When I go back to the store later I will get the reading and post it if anyone is interested.

Pick up a can of MAF sensor cleaner from autozone, mine was dirty as ****. It is important not to over oil the k&n filters but I always go back into my system a week after oiling my filter and reclean my MAF, just be sure not to let anything touch the sensors.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took mine out and sprayed it with electrical cleaner. Two of the three sensors looked like clean metal. One of them was blackish dirty looking. I couldnt really do much for it.

this is what i used:

You must be registered for see images attach

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need to look at my MAF sensor an clean it it definetly wont hurt anything ha but yeah where are all the super techs with the answers to this question??

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang thought someone found something :lol:

im just learning how to drive to avoid it right now

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What have yall done for trans and rear end fluid? I have never done it since i bought it so i dont know if its ever been done. trucks got 119K

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Well, there is two ways to prevent it. On mine I just put it in 3rd when climbing an incline. However, my neighbor told me to take the tranny pan off, clean the **** out of it, and then run a pint of brake fluid in it with tranny fluid to soften up the seals. Same concept as the transmission fluid in the oil. It might work and I would try it on mine, but I want it dead and gone so that the wife will buy an 80-E for me.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any of y'alls do something at idle? If i am idling in gear it will do a single buck every couple seconds. I can see the rpm needle dancing a little bit too. If I pop it in neutral the rpms come up a little bit and it idles smooth.:shrug: