Wooden Glove

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Thunder from "Down Under"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G'day mate, no matter what the style I really enjoy seeing someone thinking outside of the box. And the fact that you pulled it off is a credit to you, well done. I love the conversion trucks and vans that have all of the woodwork incorporated into them. Perhaps a centre console with a matching lid would add to the theme.

Unactive1

Reaction score
C'mon man. Grab one of those routers and cut out the cup holders on the back side of that thing. I know you can do it. I can see the routers up on the wall above that ten gallon jug of Elmer's Wood Glue. :893karatesmiley-thu:cool:
Nah. No need. No food or drinks allowed in the truck. Helps keep it all in better shape. I was going to make them at first with large forstner bits and the drill press.

Unactive1

Reaction score
G'day mate, no matter what the style I really enjoy seeing someone thinking outside of the box. And the fact that you pulled it off is a credit to you, well done. I love the conversion trucks and vans that have all of the woodwork incorporated into them. Perhaps a centre console with a matching lid would add to the theme.
Thanks man. I enjoy doing custom work. Only spent $15 total and its better than a broke or missing door. Still have 8ft of board for any other pieces to be made so its all the same exact wood and matching grain. Im not the carpenter my grandfather was but this was his truck handed to me and tribute to him.

Trio

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a centre console with a matching lid would add to the theme.

That's a good idea - would tie the two pieces together visually. Go all-in on the conversion look. And the wood work is top notch - I struggled to even make a square birdhouse in woodshop class. :rotflmao:

Trio

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for nice work comment but no need for your ghetto comment if you don't possess the skills yourself bud. Not everyone can just throw money at an issue to solve it.

You're right, not the best choice of words by me. Sorry about that. Keep up the creative work, you got skills.

Unactive1

Reaction score
That's a good idea - would tie the two pieces together visually. Go all-in on the conversion look. And the wood work is top notch - I struggled to even make a square birdhouse in woodshop class. :rotflmao:
I like the idea too but i have to keep room for me and my two boys. Fishing trips are important. The wife's barely allowed to ride in it ........
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what happened to the last 1500 we had. RIP white lightnin. Wife rear ended someone less than 1/4 mile from the house. Had such a great running 4.3 in it. We paid $500 for it. Just needed paint. Inside was almost like new.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I like the idea too but i have to keep room for me and my two boys. Fishing trips are important. The wife's barely allowed to ride in it ........
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what happened to the last 1500 we had. RIP white lightnin. Wife rear ended someone less than 1/4 mile from the house. Had such a great running 4.3 in it. We paid $500 for it. Just needed paint. Inside was almost like new.
Sucks to see a good truck go down.... hopefully some of its usable parts are helping other trucks stay on the road.
I used to have a set of those wheels covers, @fancyTBI has em now. They were on my 1990 square body Burb R2500(3/4 ton 2WD). Don't have that Burb anymore so I no longer needed them, so a deal was made. I thought I remembered seeing that style on the 400 trucks too.