Which Projectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Eh, mine don't stick out at all. Sure, I need to angle and adjust them, and play with how they're mounted to get them to look good, but they were a good deal. I got the same set that's in the middle. My headlights and parking lights have never had water issues, and the corners just need to have some black RTV beaded around the seam of the clear lens and the black backing. That keeps the water out fine. I am waiting till I get my new grille painted to adjust my lights, once I get them adjusted right and aimed down a little, I'll get HID's. They aren't bad now, but if I put HID's in 'em, they'd blind people. Had them for almost 2 years.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

NONE of them. Avoid projectors at all costs. If you really want projectors that actually work, I recommend going an getting a pair of projectors from an OEM application and then retrofitting them into a set of headlights.

These aren't projectors by definition and would be the best choice of the 3. I had a chrome set of these on my Yukon years ago. They fit pretty good and worked ok...until one of them filled up with water.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1badgmc, who was it that bought the aftermarket projectors and retro fit a set of OEM ones into it? I cant remember and I think you were in on that thread.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
So how would I go about switching an OEM projector into my aftermarket housing? Would I just need to find one that would be the same size? Also, what would the difference be? So far, I haven't seen a problem with my projector housings.