Vehicle shakes on freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 blazer it runs fine on the streets, but when I drive it on the freeway over 60-65 it shakes really bad, brand new tires and rims, not sure if it's the u joints or drive shaft. I did replace the end links on the front sway bars they were missing bushings on both ends . I just bought the truck and I'm trying to find all the kinks that the previous owner didn't address

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Shakes where? The whole vehicle? In the seat of the pants? Steering wheel? Floorboard? Were the tires and wheels replaced to attempt to fix the shakes?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One thing you can do is take the front driveshaft off and see if that eliminates the shake. If it does, then you can concentrate on the front half.
Does the shake change with RPM's? Like if you downshift or toss it into neutral?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
One thing you can do is take the front driveshaft off and see if that eliminates the shake. If it does, then you can concentrate on the front half.
Does the shake change with RPM's? Like if you downshift or toss it into neutral?
The front drive shaft does not turn unless the 4WD is engaged

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it shakes when I'm around 60-65 mph but sometimes it feels like hesitation when I put it on a load. Hard to explain. But when I'm city driving it's normal , but I can't rule out if it's an engine problem or suspension problem 100%. I can try and record it , can we post videos?