Vehicle help / suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejfraser72

Reaction score
need help
trucks that i am looking for are 2wd and i have read a good locker is just as good as 4x4 ( mostly summer truck but incase anything happens to my tahoe i would need to drive in the winter)
or
should i keep looking for 4x4 until i find one ?
is there really any difference in finding/buying parts between 2wd and 4x4 ?
which has more mods available on the market ?

Thanks eric

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove my C1500 for 10 years through rural IL winters. My dad drove it for 17 years before that. 500lbs of sand, know your limits (and your truck’s) and it is doable. If the weather is bad you probably shouldn’t be out anyways. My C1500 has an open rear end.

As far as support goes… eh. Probably the same. I wouldn’t own a lifted 4x4 unless I did the work and it was a well engineered kit. There are 4x2 lift options, I don’t know how good they are really. I’ve probably seen more bad than good reviews.

Buying service/repair parts is different for the front end between the two.

If you want a 4x4 keep looking. I have a K2500 for the winter and a C2500 for the warmer months.

ejfraser72

Reaction score
I drove my C1500 for 10 years through rural IL winters. My dad drove it for 17 years before that. 500lbs of sand, know your limits (and your truck’s) and it is doable. If the weather is bad you probably shouldn’t be out anyways. My C1500 has an open rear end.

As far as support goes… eh. Probably the same. I wouldn’t own a lifted 4x4 unless I did the work and it was a well engineered kit. There are 4x2 lift options, I don’t know how good they are really. I’ve probably seen more bad than good reviews.

Buying service/repair parts is different for the front end between the two.

If you want a 4x4 keep looking. I have a K2500 for the winter and a C2500 for the warmer months.
I do most of my work to the vehicle
I not lifting it just level or a slight rake
If I recall up to 92 is changeable with in those years.

I am looking for 88-92 reg cab short box with or without side step
Thanks