Two tone Interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The dash flexis with temp changes, how would paint hold up if done by a "DIY" guy? I want to paint mine.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But won't the paint adhere better if you sand it down?

I plan on scuffing it up with scotch brite then hittin it with some bulldog adhesion promoter.

The dash flexis with temp changes, how would paint hold up if done by a "DIY" guy? I want to paint mine.

As long as you prep it well it will be fine. There's a write up on how to paint interior pieces on GMFS and on FSC.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wash everything to be DYED, (NOT painted!) with a mild soap & water mix. Ivory soap works well. Let dry. Wash again with T.S.P. Tri-sodium Phosphate. Rinse with cold water. Let dry for 24 hours. Don't touch it with bare hands, then hit it with the dye. The dye can be purchased in aerosol cans. 3 light coats are better than one or two heavy ones.By washing the parts as described, it removes any contanimates, such as Armor-All, oils, dirt & such.The dye will soak INTO the plastic & vinyl pieces. Paint will sit on top & will be prone to flaking off.The dye can be purchased to match the factory color, or any other color you wish to change it to.Going from a dark to a lighter color may take another coat of dye or two.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Does anyone know if theres a rattle can color that'll match/come close to the charcoal around the gauage bezel? I have the red interior and have been slowly painting my interior handles, handle bezels and vents black but I think the charcoal would look better.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Check out SEM products, comes with everything you need plus a cleaner and primer. I plan on using SEM to dye my dash and other plastic pieces black, keeping my bezels and other accent pieces light blue. Ive seen i truck in streettrucks mag that had its interior dyed with SEM products and it looked very good

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Check out SEM products, comes with everything you need plus a cleaner and primer. I plan on using SEM to dye my dash and other plastic pieces black, keeping my bezels and other accent pieces light blue. Ive seen i truck in streettrucks mag that had its interior dyed with SEM products and it looked very good

I'll check it out..thank you.