Truck suddenly running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help/tips/ideas fella's.... I'll get to work checking things out when I get home from work tomorrow, starting with that compression test, and report back. :cheers:

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys... here's how everything played out. It was just as simple as I had hoped and I can't believe I missed it earlier but it is what it is...

Unbeknownst to me, my spark plug wire for cylinder 4 has been resting against my header for God knows how long thus burning a hole through the wire, causing my initial problem, then it seems to have fubard my cap/rotor. Replaced those parts and everything seems to be back to normal now.

Thanks for y'alls patience and help. I do appreciate it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
ok guys... here's how everything played out. It was just as simple as I had hoped and I can't believe I missed it earlier but it is what it is...

Unbeknownst to me, my spark plug wire for cylinder 4 has been resting against my header for God knows how long thus burning a hole through the wire, causing my initial problem, then it seems to have fubard my cap/rotor. Replaced those parts and everything seems to be back to normal now.

Thanks for y'alls patience and help. I do appreciate it.

Good deal! That happens a lot more then people think.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Thankfully is was something that simple! You should check into some thermal spark plug boot covers to help prevent this from happening again.