Truck lowered more than I wanted to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego916

Reaction score
I have an 89 single cab that I installed a djm 4/6 flipkit on and the rear dropped way more than I anticipated. It dropped more around 7 1/2 inches or so, I had drop shackles on it and put on some oem ones and it seemed to help a little bit but not really does anybody know how to fix this?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are your leaf springs shot? Or missing a leaf or two?
There are shackles that raise instead of lower. Probably more 4x4 oriented I would assume.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Sounds like it had drop shackles and hangers, and then you put a flip kit on top of that.

Are your spring hangers (brackets at the front of the springs) bolted on, or riveted? If they're bolted, they are almost surely gonna be drop hangers. The appearance of them should be pretty obviously non-OEM, too.

Richard

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Theyre bolted on. How much do the front spring hangers drop?
The shackles and hangers combo is about a 4" drop.

If you wanted the 6" the flip kit gets you, you'll need the stock shackles and hangers. Maybe you can score a set of stock hangers off someone that removed theirs. The problem is a lot of people figure they won't want/need them again and trash them, and they can also be damaged during removal if people go crazy on the rivets.

Richard