Truck Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNorton

Reaction score
My beautiful restored blue 1994 truck (beautiful to me) caught fire for some unknown reason in a drive thru. I was able to push it away from the building. I had full coverage insurance and they just offered to settle for $3007. So sad!

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    451.8 KB · Views: 43

rzr6-4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3000 seems like a robbery, unless of course that includes a really high deductible. In 2020 I got $3500 back for mine after deductible, but vehicles were cheaper then AND mine wasn't in nearly as good of shape.

Your truck looks awesome. If it got into the interior then that would be hard to come back from but if its all front of the firewall then it would be a good restoration candidate.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If work was done to the vehicle over time and the insurance was not updated to reflect that work, then the insurance will only pay off what the value of "LIKE" vehicles in the area are.
I think there was a recent thread discussing policies based on a value you set.... I know it's always nerve racking driving around knowing that a minor accident could easily put me upside down on what I've put into my truck.