Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder... Would an undersized radiator heat the transmission causing a problem with shifting?
Can't be doing it any good. Motor's probably not happy either.
Are you having any engine overheating problems? If engine water temp. is getting too hot,tranny is not being cooled enough either.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder... Would an undersized radiator heat the transmission causing a problem with shifting?
Not enough heat exchange will cause premature failure to components which will then begin to present drivability symptoms. Once symptoms start, it's a matter of when, not if, you'll need an overhaul. Upon rebuild, install the biggest aftermarket transmission cooler set up you can afford/fit onto the vehicle. Keeping transmission temp at or below 185-190 is key for longevity.

Kohl

Reaction score
Not enough heat exchange will cause premature failure to components which will then begin to present drivability symptoms. Once symptoms start, it's a matter of when, not if, you'll need an overhaul. Upon rebuild, install the biggest aftermarket transmission cooler set up you can afford/fit onto the vehicle. Keeping transmission temp at or below 185-190 is key for longevity.
I found the problem then. The truck was serviced and a new radiator, thermostat and fluid was put in. It's not more than an inch wide, looking at others they are much bigger. So the first transmission went and this one is probably there too. Thank you